This post is for you if you…
- want to align your plans with your purpose
- wish to connect with your intuition for guidance on manifesting your dreams
- are interested in learning how to intuitively plan using tarot
The Purpose of This Post
We once again find ourselves at the start of a new year, one full of hope and possibility (even more so coming out of 2020!). Everything seems fresh and the energy is strong enough to propel us forward into dreams and imagination.
It is fun to ride this wave of excitement for what may come and fantasize how this could be the year we finally achieve what we long for. But all the dreams and fantasies are for nothing if we don’t put aligned action behind our deepest yearnings. Forward movement is essential if you don’t want to be exactly where you are right now this time next year and the easiest way to put one foot in front of the other is through intuitive planning. The purpose of this post is to show you how you can incorporate tarot as you set intentions and follow your dreams this year.
Why Having a Plan is Important
You can have the most detailed dreams for where you want your life to head but unless you have a solid road map for where you are going, it is going to take you a whole lot longer to get there. Also, if you are chasing a dream that does not resonate with your soul, you make it even harder on yourself.
Planning is the act of detailing specific steps of action that will move you closer to your desired end result. It’s the track to run on, your GPS. Having a solid plan is the secret to getting what you want and helps you:
- gain clarity on what is important
- set priorities
- gives you an action plan and step-by-step instructions
- identify goals and set milestones
- uncover strengths and weaknesses
I have always been a planner. It’s exciting to know that I have a checklist that I can methodically work through as I move forward. And when I feel stuck, all I have to do is look back at what I have already accomplished on my path to give me a boost of motivation to propel me onward. But even more beneficial to me is when I take my planning to the next level by involving my intuition. Asking my Higher Self for guidance during my planning process has allowed me to achieve my goals in a shorter period of time as well as throw out the ones that will take me off course. How do I do this? By planning with tarot.
What is Intuitive Planning?
My definition of intuitive planning is creating an action plan by connecting to my intuition through tarot. It’s the type of planning that keeps me true to my purpose. Think of it like putting up bumpers in the gutters of a bowling alley. Even if you aren’t the greatest bowler, you know that your ball will still hit at least one pin.
I use intuitive planning on a daily, monthly and yearly basis. Exceptionally beneficial for my personal and business growth, it is yet another tool in my toolbox for my manifestation success.
Daily: Helps you set intentions and know what to focus on as you move through your day-to-day responsibilities
Monthly: Understand what worked and didn’t work in the prior month, know what to look for and focus on in the current month, gain guidance on the steps to take to move you closer to your goal
Yearly: Clarity on your goals, what you wish to manifest and the action needed to reach your dream
Related Reading: How to Develop Your Intuition and Why It’s Important
Benefits of Intuitive Tarot Planning
So now that you know what intuitive planning is, let’s get into how it can help you!
- Keeps you focused
- Get clear on your intentions
- Understand what is priority and what is not
- Puts your energy level in the ideal manifesting zone
- Learn from what did and didn’t work
- Set new purpose aligned goals
- Gives you a step-by-step checklist
How to Get Started With Intuitive Tarot Planning
Planning with intuition is a great way for your subconscious mind to shine light on what you may not have thought about. For example, I have drawn the 4 of Swords 4 times in the past week on my daily pulls, once while planning my month ahead and once while planning my year ahead. Obviously, it’s telling me something. The 4 of Swords says to slow down before you burnout; a message I don’t like one bit but really need to listen to if I wish to achieve my goals.
What You Will Need
- Tarot deck: this doesn’t have to be anything fancy, but I would suggest finding one that speaks to you. If you are a total beginner, I recommend the Rider-Waite deck as it contains imagery that is easier to understand.
- Journal or Planner: this can be as simple or fancy as you wish.
- Your favorite pen: I am extremely picky about what I write with. To me, there is nothing worse than having to journal with a pen that writes horribly. Treat yourself to a nice pen and remove any excuse as to why you don’t want to write.
- Uninterrupted time: Planning takes time, so give yourself the courtesy of doing so undistracted. Put away your phone, lock your door, and turn off the tv.
- A sacred place: Find somewhere you feel comfortable. Anywhere will work and it doesn’t have to be the same place every time. Just find a place that feels right to you in that moment.
Great for knowing what to expect, how to carry out everyday tasks, identifying energy to support you and setting intentions.
Questions to Ask
- How can I manifest what I desire to complete today?
- What is the most important step I can take today?
- What should I focus on today?
- How can I align with my authentic self today?
- What do I need to know about today?
Perfect for aligning your monthly actions with your goals, learning from your past month and giving you an attainable checklist.
Questions to Ask
- What worked last month?
- What didn’t work?
- What did I learn?
- What can I do this month to stay aligned with my purpose?
- What is the theme for this month?
- What steps can I take to achieve (insert goal here)?
Supercharge your manifesting power by reviewing the prior year’s successes, uncover lessons learned, break down goals by category.
Questions to Ask
- What lessons did I learn last year?
- What worked last year?
- What didn’t work last year?
- What are my aspirations for this year?
- What might stand in my way from reaching my goals?
- What can I leave behind that no longer serves me?
- What is the theme for this year?
- What should I focus on the most for this year?
- What important lesson will I learn this year?
- Where am I headed in the next 12 months?
- What steps can I take to achieve my goal of (insert goal)?
- What should I know about my relationships/health/career/finances/personal growth/etc?
Final Thoughts on using Intuitive Tarot Planning
One thing to keep in mind as you work through your own planning process is that there are no rules. Use my questions as a guideline until you formulate your own rituals and plans. Feel free to change and add questions and definitely adjust as you move throughout the year. Planning is a fluid process, so making a routine to review what you initially set is important. Throw out any rigid, black and white thinking. The way this is going to work best for you is when you make it your own.
As with anything, the more you practice, the easier (and more fun!) this becomes. Soon, with the help of your intuition, you will become a master manifestor and create the life you truly desire!
Proud introvert, intuitive entrepreneur, and spiritual activist. On a mission to embolden my fellow introverts to quietly change the world.